- 8-10 large mushrooms, washed thoroughly
- 2 cups fully cooked frozen shrimp, deveined with tails removed (thaw per instructions), chopped (variations include the addition of smoked salmon, crab or a combo!)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 scallion chopped
- 1/2 pkg of chives, chopped
- shallot, approx 1 tblspn chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 of 8 oz block of cream cheese
- 8 large pinches of shredded parmesan cheese
You might like the slideshow included for photos of the process involved in preparing this appetizer (see below).
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Place foil on baking sheet, top foil with baking rack.
Remove stems from mushrooms. Scoop out space for filling.
Chop stems and remaining mushroom you just scooped out. Drizzle some olive oil in a sauce pan and heat to medium. Cook mushrooms for a bit (2 min or so) then add shallot and garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes. Add chopped shrimp and cook another 5 minutes or so, stirring. This is a time to taste the mixture and add salt and/or pepper based on your preference.
Remove from heat and transfer to medium sized bowl. Add cream cheese and mix up.
Scoop into prepared mushrooms and place on baking sheet. Top with a nice pinch of parmesan prior to placing in oven for baking. Set a timer for 20 min. This appetizer is done when cheese is browned on top.