Here is one heck of a tasty pasta recipe!
- 1 zucchini, sliced at a diagonal
- 1/2 red pepper, rough chop
- 1/4 red onion, rough chop
- 3/4-1 beefsteak tomato
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, rough chop
- 1/2 Kielbasa, sliced on a diagonal (can make this vegetarian by omitting Kielbasa or using one of the plant-based varieties)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp sweet pepper or Peppadew juice
- 2 sweet peppers, small chop
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, or to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Pasta of choice
- Combine zucchini, red pepper, red onion and chopped Peppadew peppers in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Next add sweet pepper juice. Add salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Mix well and allow to marinate for 30 min-1 hr, or longer.
- Prepare ice water bath in medium-sized bowl. Bring salted water to boil. Put an x on the bottom of the tomato with a knife and remove stem area on top. Add tomato to water for 3-4 minutes. Remove when you see skin peeling and add it to the ice water bath to cool off. Once chilled, remove skin and rough chop.
- Boil pasta per package instructions. Drain, drizzle with olive oil and toss. Set aside.
- Spray grill generously with oil and heat on medium-high heat. When its smoking hot, place zucchini on grill. Cook about 5-8 minutes each side or until upon inserting a fork they appear almost done.
- Repeat process with sliced Kielbasa.
- Take a large pan and heat olive oil on medium heat. Toss in garlic and cook about 1 minute, stirring frequently. Make sure not to burn the garlic! Add the chopped tomato, red pepper, chopped Peppadew peppers and red onion and stir, cooking about 3-4 minutes. Add the vegetable broth and continue cooking until veggies cooked tender. Turn heat to low.
- Add grilled zucchini and Kielbasa, stir into the mix.
- Finally toss with pasta and it’s ready! Top with parsley and parmesan.