Recipe call for roasted beets and you want to roast them yourself? Here’s how~
Serves 2-4. Time: Prep 10 minutes, Cook 45 minutes
- 4 beets
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare beets by chopping off top with greens. Scrub and rinse beets thoroughly.
- Place beet on aluminum foil square and brush with olive oil. Next, salt and pepper. Finally, wrap up in foil twisting top.
- Repeat with each beet.
- Place foil wrapped beets into oven on baking sheet and roast for 45 min.
- Afterwards, remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Once cooled (or can place into ice bath in foil to expedite process) remove from foil and peel beets using peeler.