Shrimp scampi for Valentine’s Day this year!
Serves 2. Time: prep 30 min cook 20 min. Difficulty level: easy-medium
- 1 lb Shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 5 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Butter for shrimp, 1 tbsp for orzo (total 3 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp olive oil for cooking, 1 tbsp for marinating
- 1/4 cup onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/4-1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice for marinade, 1 tbsp for cooking
- 1/4 c dry rose wine
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup dry Orzo
- 1/4 cup Parsley, chopped
- Marinate the shrimp in olive oil, half of the chopped garlic, red pepper flakes, lemon zest and salt/pepper. Let marinate in fridge for 1/2-1 hr, stirring occasionally.
- While marinating, prep onions, red pepper and parsley.
- Boil about 8 cups of salted water and cook orzo per package directions.
- Grab a sauté pan and toss in 2 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp olive oil, heat over medium.
- Sauté onions and red peppers, about 5 min. Add other half of garlic, cook for about a minute.
- Add wine, heating to temp.
- Add marinated shrimp and cook stirring frequently over medium-low to low depending on the stove. Your looking for a nice sizzle with all the ingredients, its important to avoid overcooking the shrimp. Remember to taste the sauce after the shrimp is cooked and adjust accordingly; whether it be to add more salt, pepper, lemon juice or even a pat of butter.
- Plate the dish, scoop orzo into the bowls followed by scampi and top with chopped parsley.