These cookies are a real treat. You have the Dutch cocoa, semi-sweet and white chocolate chip triple choco-threat of deliciousness all in one. Have made them many, many times. Who needs brownies, or even other cookies when you have these bad boys?? Warning: must love chocolate!
Makes 22-24 cookies.
Prep time 30 min. Chill Time 24-36 hrs. Cook Time 18 minutes. Cool Time 20-30 minutes.
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup Dutch cocoa
3/4 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
10 tbsp butter, room temp
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup crushed walnuts (optional)
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and baking soda in medium bowl. Set aside.
- In stand mixer with cookie attachment, beat room temp butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until light in color (5 minutes). Add egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- With mixer on low, add dry ingredients until just combined. Add chocolate chips and walnuts (optional) and mix briefly until incorporated in the mix.
- Chill for 24-36 hours covered in plastic wrap.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- I use my hands for the next part and roll dough into golf ball size, then form into hockey puck-like shape. This recipe should make 2 baking sheets of cookies (12 cookies ea baking session). Make sure there is approx 2 inches between each cookie.
- Cook 18 minutes, allow to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet: then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, store in an airtight container.