Pumpkins of the Styrian variety are excellent for carving and have the tastiest, hull-less seeds for roasting. Styrian pumpkin seeds are loaded with vitamins, minerals and plant-based o-mega-3 and 6 making them a nutritious Halloween snack.
Medium pumpkin yields ~1.5 cups
1 Styrian pumpkin, seeds removed and rinsed of pumpkin debris
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place prepared seeds in a bowl and add 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp salt, stir to combine.
- Put seeds on baking sheet and blot with paper towels to dry a bit
- Place in oven for 20 minutes, then remove and flip for more even roasting
- Increase temp to 400 degrees
- Roast seeds for another 20 minutes, remove and taste. If roasted to your liking, they are done. If not- roast for 5 minute increments, tasting a seed or two as you go until your desired level of roastiness is achieved.
- Finally, carve the pumpkin while snacking on the roasted seeds!! (warning… my pumpkin is spooky)